Timbung Pokhari Trek
Timbung Pokhari Trek
The name Timbung Pokhari came from the Limbu word Timbak, which means the firing of a gun. The locals gave this name to the pond, as the pond sometimes produces a sound similar to shooting. The reservoir is remarkable both for its natural beauty and for its biodiversity. From Timbung Pokhari, which is 466 m long and 154 m deep, you can see magnificent views of Kanchenjunga. Even though the pond is shrouded in snow for six months per year, this pond has been visited by thousands of pilgrims to give puja for many centuries now. Pilgrims gather around the pond, particularly during Shrawan month (July-August), and at festivals such as Janai Purnima and Nag Panchami. The area surrounding the pond is home to various unique flora and fauna and is also known as the herbal city. The field includes essential herbs such as Bikham, Kutki, Padmachal, Jatamasi, Panchaule and Yarsagumba, along with aromatic herbs such as Sunpati, Bhairungpani and Sikpale.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300/1,968ft)
Upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu, our company representative will meet and welcome you to Nepal and then you'll be transferred to your confirmed hotel. Once you finish the check-in procedure, you can rest & relax at the hotel. Later you will be accompanied by the office staff for a short tour of Thamel to make you familiar with some good restaurants, ATMs, money changer and other necessary places you might need during your stay in Thamel.
Day 2: Sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley
The very next morning, after breakfast you will leave for a full day sightseeing tour around Kathmandu valley. You can visit the sacred Pashupatinath Temple and Swyambhunath, very ancient and essentially enlisted in UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
The biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath and the fine arts and historical architecture of Kathmandu Durbar Square reflecting the ancient Nepalese culture which is the highlights of our guided tour.
A visit to Patan City will enchant you with its famous fine arts and historical architecture. On return to your hotel, you will have time to explore the local area, have dinner and perhaps take a leisurely stroll through the famous streets. Finally, day ends with a Authentic Nepalese Dinner in Nepali Cultural Restaurant.
Day 3: Fly to Bhadrapur & Drive to Tharpu
45 min flight & 4 - 5 hrs drive. Overnight at Lodge.
Day 4: Drive to Betainee (2,000m/6,561ft) via Falaicha & hike to Kali Khola Gau
Off-road 4 - 5 hrs drive & 2 - 3 hrs hike. Overnight homestay.
Day 5: Trek to Bikhe Chaur (3675m/12,057ft)
6 - 7 hrs trek. Overnight in tent.
Day 6: Trek to Timbung Pokhari
3 - 4 hrs trek & back to Bikhe Chaur after exploring Timbung Pokhari. Overnight in Tent.
Day 7: Trek down to Thulo Bhanjyang
4 - 5 hrs trek & back to Bikhe Chaur. Overnigh in tent
Day 8: Trek down to Kali Khola Gau
4 - 5 hrs trek. Overnight homestay.
Day 9: Sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley- World Heritage Sites
Day 10: Trek to Betainee & drive to Illam
2 -3 hrs trek & 3 hours drive. Explore Illam. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 11: Drive to Bhadrapur
5-6 hrs. drive. Explore Tea-Garden on the way back. Overnight in hotel.
Day 12: Fly back to Kathmandu
45 min. flight and free day.
Day 13: Leisure Day at Kathmandu
Leisure day at Kathmandu followed by farewell dinner & celebration. You can ask your guide to take you on a sightseeing trip inside Kathmandu Valley. On this day you can go to the various museums around the valley including the Narayanhiti Museum which earlier used to be the residence of the last king of Nepal. You may also go to the hilltop of Nagarkot. After some sightseeing around the world heritage sites in the valley, you will have a farewell dinner and enjoy with your Nepali friends and guide. You might even make plans for extending your stay for Chitwan jungle safari, rafting activities, and more with your guide.
Day 14: Departure
Finally, it’s SEE OFF TIME. There is nothing to do but trade emails with your travel companions and organize your photos. You will be picked from Hotel by representatives of Wongchhu Peak Promotion staff and dropped at Tribhuvan International Airport 3 hours earlier than your flight time with a hope to see you again. On your way home you'll have plenty of time to plan your next adventure in the wonderful country of Nepal.
- Flight from KTM-Bhadrapur-KTM,
- Ground Transportation,
- Food and Accommodation during trekking (full board service – breakfast, lunch and dinner + hot water),
- An experienced trekking guide and porters to carry luggage including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging,
- All necessary paper works,
- Wongchhu Peak Promotion's duffel bag & Trekking map,
- Travel and rescue arrangements,
- Insurance for Nepali Staff,
- Daily dispatches on website (If interested),
- Special welcome & Farewell dinner.
- Personal trekking and climbing gear,
- Alcohol and Beverages during the trek season,
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, shower, etc.),
- Emergency Medical Evacuation & any medical costs.
1.0 Travel Documents
- Valid passport
- Credit/Debit card
- Passport size photo (6 pieces)
- Insurance paper and contact address
- Family contact number
2.0 Upper Body Wear
- Thermal Top Base Layer (2 Pcs)
- Fleece Jacket (1 Pcs)
- Gore-Tex Jacket (1 Pcs)
- Down Jacket (1 Pcs)
- Cotton T-Shirt (2 Pcs)
3.0 Lower Body Wear
- Thermal Bottom Base Layer (2 Pcs)
- Fleece Trouser (1pcs)
- Gore-Tex Pant (1 pcs)
- Mid Weight Pants (1Pcs)
- Light Weight Quick Dry Trekking Pants (2-3 Pairs)
- Gaiters for trekking boots
- Sun Cap
- Fleece Hat/ Warm Hat (1-2 Pcs)
- Neck Gaiter (2 Pcs)
- Thin fleece gloves
- Wind stopper/screen tap gloves
- Normal Socks (2-3 Pairs)
- Trekking Shoes (Gore-Tex)
- Slipper (1 Pair)
7.0 Sleeping Bags
- Sleeping bag -20°c to -30°c for Base camp
- Down Sleeping Bag -40°c for extreme comfort
- Thermarests Mattress (Cell foam)
- Sleeping bag Liner
- Inflatable Pillow
8.0 Trekking Equipment
- Power Bank
- Pee Bottle
- Altimeter watch
- Pocket Knife
- Walking Stick/Trekking Pole
- Satellite Phone with credit
- Headlight 500-700Lumens
- Spare Tape Slings/240cm
- Unlock Carabiner
- Lock Carabiner
9.0 Bag packs
- Rucksacks 35 L -50 L
10.0 Sun stuff
- Banana Boat/ Nivea Sun Cream (-20 Spf)
- Lip Guard -20 (Spf)
- Sun Glasses (Uv Protection)
11.0 Toiletries (Personal)
- Toilet Paper / Wet Tissue
- Garbage Bag
12.0 Eating & Drinkings
- 1 ltr. Water Bottle
- 1/1.5ltr. Thermos Mug (Opt.)
- Spoon / Fork (opt.)
- Bowl (opt.)
13.0 Medical / First Aid
- Brufen / Ibuprofens
- Handy Plaster
- Crack Bandage
- Tincture Iodine
- Minil 10mg (Palpitation, anxiety)
- Codopar (Headache & chest pain)
- Salbetol 4mg (Breathless)
- Azithromycin 500mg (chronic tonsillitis, fever, nose, throat infection-must take 5 days)
- Flupen 250mg (prevent wound infection)
- Allegra 120/180mg (Allergic tonsil)
- Menstrual Products
- Nail cutter
- Umbrella /Raincoat
- Hot water bag
- Trails Maps
- GPS Tracker (Recommended)
- Hand & Toe Warmer
Still not sure about which trip to select. Find more related trips.