The Manaslu expedition is an all-encompassing trekking experience that takes mountaineers to the breathtaking heights of an 8,000m mountain in the majestic Himalayan range. Towering at a formidable altitude of 8,163m (26,774ft), Manaslu is the eighth-highest peak in the world and is nestled in the restricted trekking area of Manaslu in the midwestern region of Nepal. Referred to by the Japanese as the "Japanese peak," Manaslu holds a special place in the hearts of the Japanese people due to the first successful climb by a Japanese team. Manaslu has become a symbol of Japanese mountaineering prowess. The Manaslu Expedition is a journey that commences with sightseeing around the Kathmandu valley before ascending through Machha Khola, Jagat, Nagyak, Namrung, Syalla village, Samagaun, and finally reaching the base camp. However, the Manaslu expedition presents a unique set of challenges that distinguish it from other high-altitude mountaineering experiences like Cho Oyu and Sishapangma. Consequently, each climber must be adequately prepared, both physically and mentally, to overcome the complexity and difficulty of the climb.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu
Upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu, our company representative will meet and welcome you to Nepal and then you'll be transferred to your confirmed hotel. Once you finish the check-in procedure, you can rest & relax at the hotel. Later you will be accompained by the office staff for a short tour of Thamel to make you familiar with some good restaurants, ATMs, money changer and other necessary places you might need during your stay in Thamel.
Day 2: A full day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu valley, the capital city
The very next morning, after breakfast you will leave for a full day sightseeing tour around Kathmandu valley. You can visit the sacred Pashupatinath Temple and Swyambhunath, very ancient and essentially enlisted in UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath and the fine arts and historical architecture of Kathmandu Durbar Square reflecting the ancient Nepalese culture which is the highlights of our guided tour. A visit to Patan City will enchant you with its famous fine arts and historical architecture. On return to your hotel, you will have time to explore the local area, have dinner and perhaps take a leisurely stroll through the famous streets.
Day 3: Drive to Arughat (1165m)
6-7 hrs drive to Arughat from Kathmandu. Overnight in Lodge.
Day 4: Trek to Machhakhola (1330m)
4-5 hrs trek to Machhakhola. Overnight in Lodge.
Day 5: Trek to Jagat (1350m)
5-6 hrs trek to Jagat. Overnight at Lodge.
Day 6: Trek to Nagyak (2300m)
4-5 hrs trrek to Nagyak. Overnight in Lodge.
Day 7: Trek to Namrung (2550m)
4-5 hrs trek to Namrung. Overnight in Lodge.
Day 8: Trek to Syalla village (3150m)
It is about 5 hrs trek from Namrung to Syalla Village. Overnight in Lodge.
Day 9: Trek to Samagau (3,780m)
4-5 hrs trek. Overnight at Lodge.
Day 10: Rest and acclimatization day
Leisure day at Samagau.
Day 11: Trek to Manaslu Base Camp
4 hrs trek to basecamp & set up camp. Overnight in Tent.
Day 12 - 37: Climbing days
Climbing period & summit Manaslu (8156m).
Day 38: Cleaning up Base Camp at preparaton for descend
Clean Base Camp, backpack for return.
Day 39: Trek down to Samagau
Trek back to SamaGaon. Overnight at Lodge.
Day 40: Trek down to Namrung
Trek to Namrung. Overnight at Lodge
Day 41: Trek to Philim village
Trek to Philim village. Overnight at Lodge.
Day 42: Trek to Soti Khola
Trek to SotiKhola & drive to Arughat. Overnight at Lodge.
Day 43: Drive back to Kathmandu
Drive back to Kathmandu then transfer to Hotel.
Day 44: Leisure day at Kathmandu
Leisure day at Kathmandu followed by farewell dinner & celebration.
Day 45: Departure
As per your flight schedule you'll be dropped to airport 3 hours prior to the flight time and your trip to Nepal ends here.
- Airport/Hotel transfer in Kathmandu,
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary by private vehicle in Kathmandu,
- Hotel in Kathmandu for 3 nights pre and 2 nights post on B/B plan on sharing post,
- Full-day Kathmandu Heritage site sightseeing by private tourist vehicle,
- Professional English-speaking tour guide during sightseeing,
- City tour entrance fees of the heritage sites,
- Experienced and government-licensed high-altitude trekking and climbing guide during the trekking and climbing period,
- All trekking and mountaineering equipment like; Kitchen tents, store tents, dining tents, toilet tents, tables chairs, and cooking utensils for advanced Base Camp and high camp,
- Common climbing equipment (necessary fixed and main rope, ice bars, ice screws, snow bars, etc.)
- Service of cook and kitchen boy at Base camp,
- Food and accommodation during the trek in full board,
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner will be served at base camp,
- All food and fuel for Base Camp and higher camps during the expedition for both members and crews,
- Daily weather Report service from Seattle based,
- Expedition Royalty and climbing permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt. Manaslu (8163m),
- Nepal government Royalty and fees,
- One experienced, trained, government-licensed, climbing/expedition Guide (Sherpa) per client,
- All wages, equipment, medical and accidental insurance for all involved staff in trekking and expedition,
- Group emergency equipment and medical supplies,
- Medical consultation services at the base camp,
- Equipment allowances and wages for climbing Sherpas, cooks, Kitchen boys,
- Equipment allowance and wages for Government Liaison Officers,
- Solar equipment for light and also for charging various electric devices,
- 1 generator at base camp for computers and other electronic devices,
- Headset radios for communication in the mountain,
- Satellite Phones (for personal use on the participants’ charge),
- Internet at base camp (for personal use on the participants’ charge),
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required,
- Rope fixing costs,
- The heater will be provided at the base camp for heating the dining room,
- Emergency Oxygen, mask, and regulator will be provided,
- Travel and rescue arrangements,
- Ice fall usage Charge,
- 5 bottles of 3LTR Poisk Oxygen for members,
- Daily Dispatches on www.wppnepal.com,
- Welcome and Farewell dinner with beverages.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, or early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Personal trekking and climbing gear
- Meals in Kathmandu (except breakfast and farewell dinner)
- Alcohol and Beverages during the trek and climbing season
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, shower, etc.)
- Emergency Medical Evacuation & any medical costs.
- Any other item not listed in the 'Price Includes' section.
An 8000m expedition is an extremely high-altitude and challenging endeavor, and the equipment required for such an expedition needs to be of the highest quality to ensure safety and success. Here is some essential equipment that would be required for Manaslu expedition:
1.0 Travel Documents
- Valid passport
- Credit/Debit card
- Passport size photo (6 pieces)
- Insurance paper and contact address
- Family contact number
2.0 Upper Body Wear
- Expedition down jacket
- Basecamp down jacket
- Lightweight fleece top
- Wind shirt
- Gore-Tex jacket
- Waterproof shell jacket
- Base layers tops
- Trekking cloths
- Casual wear
3.0 Lower Body Wear
- Thermal bottom base layer (2-3 pcs)
- Fleece trousers (2-3 pcs)
- Gore-Tex pants (1 pcs)
- Mid-weight pants (1-2 pcs)
- Lightweight quick dry trekking pants (2-3 pcs)
- Gaiters for trekking boots
- Down pant Underwear (4-6 pcs)
- Sun cap
- Desert cap
- Banadana or Buff
- Fleece hat
- Neoprene face mask
- Neck gaiter
- Ski goggles
- Thin fleece gloves (2 pairs)
- Liner gloves (2 pairs)
- Wind stopper/screen tap gloves (2 pairs)
- Mountaineering gloves with removable liners
- Summit gloves-8000m
- Socks (6 pairs)
- Lightweight shoes/sandals
- Trekking boots
- 8000m mountaineering boots
- 6000m mountaineering boots
- Save gaiters
- Down bivvy boots
- Camp boots
- Foot-wearing system
7.0 Sleeping Bags
- Sleeping bag -20°c to -30°c for Base camp
- Down Sleeping Bag -40°c for extreme comfort
- Thermarests Mattress (Cell foam)
- Down Matteres (Inflatable)
- Sleeping bag Liner
- Inflatable Pillow
8.0 Climbing Equipment
- Power Bank
- Pee Bottle
- Altimeter watch
- Pocket Knife
- Walking Stick/Trekking Pole
- Satellite Phone with credit
- Headlight 500-700Lumens Spare
- Snow Goggles · Tape Slings/240cm
- Unlock Carabiner (2pcs)
- Lock Carabiner (3pcs)
- Climbing Helmet
- Summit Down Suit – 8000m
- Jumar / Ascender
- Belay Devices / Figure of 8/ATC guide
- Ice Axe with Spike & Axe Protector
- Crampons (fit with boot)/ Packing cover
9.0 Bag packs
- Rucksacks 35 L -50 L
- Duffle Bag 120 L – 150 L (2pcs)
- Laundry / Garbage Bag (Large)
- Water Proof Stuff Sacks / Dry Bag –small/medium / Large (3-4)pcs)
10.0 Sun stuff
- Banana Boat/Nivea Sun Cream (up to -50SPF)
- Lip Guard - 30 to -50 (SPF)
- Sun Glasses (Uv Protection)
- Glaciers Glasses (Uv Protection)
- Moisturizer / Lotion
11.0 Toiletries (Personal)
- Toilet Paper / Wet Tissue
- Garbage Bag
12.0 Eating & Drinkings
- 1 ltr. Water Bottle
- 1/1.5ltr. Thermos
- Mug (Opt.)
- Spoon / Fork (opt.)
- Bowl (opt.)
13.0 Medical / First Aid
- Brufen / Ibuprofens
- Handy Plaster
- Crack Bandage
- Tincture Iodine
- Minil 10mg (Palpitation, anxiety)
- Codopar (Headache & chest pain)
- Salbetol 4mg (Breathless)
- Azithromycin 500mg (chronic tonsillitis, fever, nose, throat infection-must take 5 days)
- Flupen 250mg (prevent wound infection)
- Allegra 120/180mg (Allergic tonsil)
- Menstrual Products
- Nail cutter
- Umbrella /Raincoat
- Hot water bag
- Tenacious Tape Repair Kits
- GPS Tracker (Recommended)
- Hand & Toe Warmer
Still not sure about which trip to select. Find more related trips.