Lower Mustang Trek
Lower Mustang Trek
Lower Mustang Trekking is a high altitude desert region trekking into and out of the Kali Gandaki river gorge. The trek covers the southern edges of the Tibetan plateau and has similar terrain to it. Our Lower Mustang trek itinerary lets you experience the hypnotic sunrise view from Poon Hill. Watching the majestic golden rays above the panorama clad in the snow is a breathtaking sight. Taking a bath in Tatopani's natural hot water spring will serve as an affliction to all the tiredness from your walk till the day. Similarly, you'll pass some awesome villages such as Ghasa, Marpha, Kagbeni, Jomsom and many more as you follow your path. The narrow alleyways in Marpha are distinctive, featuring flat-roofed and whitewashed houses. The village is also popular with apples which are grown locally in the area. Likewise, Jomsom is a bustling residential settlement that includes several restaurants, teahouses and guest houses. Muktinath, the principal highlight of Lower Mustang trek is a renowned spiritual hub which every year attracts many Hindu and Buddhist pilgrims from around the world. In this location, there is a temple of Lord Vishnu that is followed by a Gompa. Lower Mustang Trek is not only about its spectacular wild scenery and the world's deepest gorge, but also about the lively villages you pass along the way, sunrise and sunset views in the middle of the mountains, rare cultural experiences, biodiversity and the renowned spiritual center of Hindus and Buddhists-Muktinath.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,400m)
When you arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, our Wongchhu Peak Promotion's representative will welcome you and escort you to your confirmed hotel. After wrapping up the reservation process, you can relax and get freshen up for a mini tour of Thamel. Our company's team will guide you to get familiarize with some fantastic eateries, ATMs, currency trading houses, and other spots you may require during your stay in Thamel.When you arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, our Wongchhu Peak Promotion's representative will welcome you and escort you to your confirmed hotel. After wrapping up the reservation process, you can relax and get freshen up for a mini tour of Thamel. Our company's team will guide you to get familiarize with some fantastic eateries, ATMs, currency trading houses, and other spots you may require during your stay in Thamel.
Day 2: Sightseeing around Kathmandu
After breakfast the following morning, you will depart for a full-day city tour of Kathmandu Valley. You can explore the sacred Pashupatinath Temple and Swyambhunath, both of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
The high points of our sightseeing tour are the biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath and the art history and historical architecture of Kathmandu Durbar Square, which exemplify ancient Nepalese culture.
Patan City's famous fine arts and historical architecture will captivate you on a visit. When you get back to your hotel, you'll have opportunity to experience the neighborhood, enjoy supper, and maybe enjoy a leisurely stroll down the famous streets. Finally, the day comes to a close with a traditional Nepalese dinner at Nepali Cultural Restaurant.
Day 3: Fly to Pokhara (930m/3,051ft)
We will fly to Pokhara on the third day after ending our visit in Kathmandu. Pokhara is famous as the "Lake City." This is Nepal's most attractive city, as well as the most popular tourist destination. Pokhara offers a diverse range of activities. You'll see notable lakes including Phewa Lake and Begnas Lake, as well as a famous cave and a spectacular waterfall. We'll be spending the night in a lovely hotel.
Day 4: Fly to Jomsom & trek to Kagbeni (2,810m/9,219ft)
Early morning flights to Jomsom, which is located at a height of 2,720 meters (8,894 feet). You will arrive at Mustang's District Headquarters and begin your hike to Kagbeni, the Upper Mustang's starting point, where you may feast your eyes on the beautiful vistas of the Nilgiri, Dhaulagiri, Tukuche peak, and Dhampus. Kagbeni is the most intriguing typical Tibetan village and the best place to stay overnight in upper Mustang. Spend the night in Kagbeni.
Day 5: Trek from Kagbani to Muktinath (3,710m/12,171ft)
Our journey begins with an ascent towards Jharkot village. We will have some lovely sites to stop by and observe during the stroll. The path climbs sharply from Kagbeni to 3200 meters, where it rejoins the main trail to Khingar. Until you reach Jarkot Village, the trail climbs through a barren terrain. Muktinath is reached after a longer ascent.
Day 6: Hike to Muktinath temple & descend to Marpha (2,667m/8,750ft)
You can go to the Muktinath temple in the morning, which is a popular Hindu and Buddhist pilgrimage site. Natural flaming can be found here, which exhilarates you. You can take a 108-tap holy bath. Mount Dhaulagiri (8,167m), Nilgiri (7,061m), and other peaks may be seen from the Muktinath temple garden. Retrace your steps back to Marpha village after breakfasting at a motel.
Day 7: Trek from Marpha to Jomsom (2,730m/8,956ft)
Marpha village is known for its apple orchard, therefore if it's apple season, you can eat apples. Marpha is a large community with a Buddhist Monastery in the middle that has its unique cultural significance. Simply hike to the Monastery in the morning for a beautiful vista and, if desired, meditation. Otherwise, we continue our way up the Kali Gandaki valley to Jomsom Bazaar. You will pass through various ethnic communities with a small population of Gurung, Thakali, and a few Tibetans before arriving in Jomsom. In the afternoon, there is an eco-museum that you can visit. With the trekking crew, you celebrate the end of your trip in the evening.
Day 8: Fly back to Pokhara
Taking an early flight to Pokhara takes about 25 to 30 minutes. The flights are only accessible early in the morning. A strong breeze blows during and after the trip, and the weather frequently changes, preventing the flight from landing and taking off in the afternoon. The sky appears to be extremely clear during the morning flights, allowing you to experience the best view of the Annapurna Himalaya and transfer to the hotel.
Day 9: Fly back to Kathmandu
Return to Kathmandu on a domestic flight. In the evening, we will have a goodbye supper with cultural performances in a traditional Nepalese restaurant.
Day 10: Leisure Day at Kathmandu
A day off in Kathmandu. You can book a tour of the city of Kathmandu Valley from our guide. On this day, you can explore several museums throughout the valley, including the Narayanhiti Museum, which was once the residence of Nepal's last king. You can also visit Nagarkot's hilltop. After some sightseeing in the valley's world heritage sites, you'll enjoy a farewell supper with your Nepali friends and guide. You and your guide may decide to prolong your stay for a Chitwan jungle safari, rafting activities, and other activities.
Day 11: Departure
Finally, it's TIME TO SEE OFF. Wongchhu Peak Promotion staff will pick you up from your hotel and drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport 3 hours before your flight time, with the hope of seeing you again. You'll have plenty of time on the way home to plan your future excursion in Nepal's beautiful country.
- Arrival/transfer to Hotel,
- 3 nights hotel in Kathmandu within Bed with Breakfast sharing basis,
- 2 nights in Pokhara within Bed with Breakfast Plan on sharing basis,
- Food and accommodation during trek on full board,
- Domestic flight: Kathmandu Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara - Kathmandu airfare with applicable tax,
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide and every 2 guests 1 Porter basis,
- Annapurna Conservation Area permits and TIMS permits for Trekking tours,
- All land transportation as per written on the above itinerary,
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs,
- Insurance of guide and porters,
- A special welcome and farewell dinner.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary,
- If required to change from aeroplane to helicopter to/from Pokhara due to weather issues, the additional cost of the helicopter will be shared amongst clients,
- Personal trekking and climbing gear,
- Meals in Kathmandu (except breakfast and farewell dinner),
- Alcohol and Beverages during the trek and climbing season,
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, shower, etc.),
- Emergency Medical Evacuation & any medical costs.
1.0 Travel Documents
- Valid passport
- Credit/Debit card
- Passport size photo (6 pieces)
- Insurance paper and contact address
- Family contact number
2.0 Upper Body Wear
- Thermal Top Base Layer (2 Pcs)
- Fleece Jacket (1 Pcs)
- Gore-Tex Jacket (1 Pcs)
- Down Jacket (1 Pcs)
- Cotton T-Shirt (2 Pcs)
3.0 Lower Body Wear
- Thermal Bottom Base Layer (2 Pcs)
- Fleece Trouser (1pcs)
- Gore-Tex Pant (1 pcs)
- Mid Weight Pants (1Pcs)
- Light Weight Quick Dry Trekking Pants (2-3 Pairs)
- Gaiters for trekking boots
- Sun Cap
- Fleece Hat/ Warm Hat (1-2 Pcs)
- Neck Gaiter (2 Pcs)
- Thin fleece gloves
- Wind stopper/screen tap gloves
- Normal Socks (2-3 Pairs)
- Trekking Shoes (Gore-Tex)
- Slipper (1 Pair)
7.0 Sleeping Bags
- Sleeping bag -20°c to -30°c for Base camp
- Down Sleeping Bag -40°c for extreme comfort
- Thermarests Mattress (Cell foam)
- Sleeping bag Liner
- Inflatable Pillow
8.0 Trekking Equipment
- Power Bank
- Pee Bottle
- Altimeter watch
- Pocket Knife
- Walking Stick/Trekking Pole
- Satellite Phone with credit
- Headlight 500-700Lumens
- Spare Tape Slings/240cm
- Unlock Carabiner
- Lock Carabiner
9.0 Bag packs
- Rucksacks 35 L -50 L
10.0 Sun stuff
- Banana Boat/ Nivea Sun Cream (-20 Spf)
- Lip Guard -20 (Spf)
- Sun Glasses (Uv Protection)
11.0 Toiletries (Personal)
- Toilet Paper / Wet Tissue
- Towel Garbage Bag
12.0 Eating & Drinkings
- 1 ltr. Water Bottle
- 1/1.5ltr. Thermos Mug (Opt.)
- Spoon / Fork (opt.)
- Bowl (opt.)
13.0 Medical / First Aid
- Brufen / Ibuprofens
- Handy Plaster
- Crack Bandage
- Tincture Iodine
- Minil 10mg (Palpitation, anxiety)
- Codopar (Headache & chest pain)
- Salbetol 4mg (Breathless)
- Azithromycin 500mg (chronic tonsillitis, fever, nose, throat infection-must take 5 days)
- Flupen 250mg (prevent wound infection)
- Allegra 120/180mg (Allergic tonsil)
- Menstrual Products
- Nail cutter
- Umbrella /Raincoat
- Hot water bag
- Trails Maps
- GPS Tracker (Recommended)
- Hand & Toe Warmer
Still not sure about which trip to select. Find more related trips.