The name ‘Timbung Pokhari’ originated from a Limbu word ‘Timbak’, which means the firing of a gun. The locals gave the pond this name as the pond often makes a sound that is similar to that of a gunfire.
Majestic views of Kanchenjunga can be seen close from the pond which is 466 m in length and 154 m in width.
Even though the pond is covered in snow for six months every year, hosts of pilgrims have been visiting this pond to offer puja for a few centuries now. Pilgrims gather around the pond, especially during the month of Shrawan (July-August) and during festivals like Janai Purnima and Nag Panchami.
The pond is both unique in natural beauty and biodiversity. The area around the pond is home to various rare flora and fauna and is also known as the capital of herbs. Valuable herbs like bikham, kutki, padmachal, jatamasi, panchaule and yarsagumba can be found in the area along with aromatic herbs like sunpati, bhairungpani and sikpale.
The pond has also been featured on the list of 100 new tourism destination of Nepal.
- Flight from KTM-Bhadrapur-KTM
- Ground Transportation
- Food and Accommodation during trekking (full board service – breakfast, lunch and dinner + hot water)
- An experienced trekking guide and porters to carry luggage including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works
- Wongchhu Peak Promotion Trekking duffel bag
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Insurance for Nepali Staff
- Personal trekking and climbing gear
- Alcohol and Beverages during the trek and climbing season
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, shower, etc.)
- Emergency Medical Evacuation & any medical costs.
Waterproof Hiking shoes
Changing shoes / sandal
T – shirts
Warm fleece Jacket
Waterproof pant and jacket
Good gloves for trek and climb
Personal back pack
Sun block cream
Head lamp / torch
Water bottle -1 liter bottle
Tooth brush and tooth paste
Extra batteries for head lamp/ torch and camera
Extra film rolls/ memory cards (if digital camera )
Battery charger ( if digital camera)
Personal first aid kits