Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek is one of the Great Himalayan trails, which covers the eastern part of Nepal. The term “Kanchenjunga” stands for crystal clear in Nepali. Kanchenjunga (8586m) is the third highest mountain in the world and is also popularly known as the “Five Treasures of the Great Snow” i.e. Gold, Silver, Precious Stones, Grain, and Holy Scriptures. The famous Kanchenjunga is situated in North-East Nepal and is bordered by Sikkim, India. Since the mountain partly lies in Nepal and partly in India, the view of Kanchenjunga can be seen from India, Bhutan, and Tibet.
Mt. Kanchenjunga of great beauty and grace the first successful climb in 1955 from Nepal South base camp by British Expedition led by late Sir George Band, where most of the climber at present climb the summit from North base camp around Pangpema.
The trekking route to Kanchenjunga Base Camp passes through the Arun valley which is considered the most beautiful regions for trekking in Nepal.
One of the main highlights of this trek is the Kanchenjunga Conservation area which covers an area of 2035 square kilometers. The area is home to many flora and fauna as well as various wildlife including Himalayan black bear, musk deer, snow leopard, red panda, wild boar, and many others.
The route to basecamp offers variations in landscapes from alpine grasslands to sub-tropical forests, low river valley, glacial moraine, and rocky scree slopes. Throughout the trekking, trekkers get to relish the stunning panoramic view of the massive mountain peaks such as Lhotse (8516m), Everest (8848m), Kanchenjunga (8586m), Makalu (8481m), and many others.
The Kanchenjunga region is inhabited by a mixed community of Sherpa, Rai, Limbu, and Gurung, which provides an opportunity for trekkers to understand their culture and lifestyle.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 4 nights Kathmandu in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- A full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley including tour guide, Transportations, and entrance fees
- Airplane flight and departure taxes OR Tourist Bus for both way
- Food and Accommodation during trekking (full board service – breakfast, lunch, and dinner hot water)
- An experienced English speaking trekking guide and porters to carry luggage
- including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food, and lodging
- All necessary paper works
- Wongchhu Peak Promotion Trekking duffel bag and trekking/ climbing map
- ravel and rescue arrangements
- Insurance for Nepali Staff
- Special Welcome and Farewell Dinner.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Personal trekking and climbing gear
- Meals in Kathmandu (except breakfast and farewell dinner)
- Alcohol and Beverages during the trek and climbing season
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, shower, etc.)
- Emergency Medical Evacuation & any medical costs.
Waterproof Hiking shoes
Changing shoes / sandal
T – shirts
Warm fleece Jacket
Waterproof pant and jacket
Good gloves for trek and climb
Personal back pack
Sun block cream
Head lamp / torch
Water bottle -1 liter bottle
Tooth brush and tooth paste
Extra batteries for head lamp/ torch and camera
Extra film rolls/ memory cards (if digital camera )
Battery charger ( if digital camera)
Personal first aid kits