Cho Oyu is the 6th highest peak in the world (8201 meters) straddling the Nepal and Tibetan border.First submitted in 1954 by a small Austrian/Tibetan expedition, Cho Oyu is technically easier than most other 8000ers and has historically had a better safety record than the other 8,000 meter peaks. Our guides have set routes and fixed lines for our climbers, leaving little room for error. This is a great first climb for those looking to break into high altitude climbing.
On a good day the view from the summit plateau is breathtaking, in a sweep you take in the entire panorama of Everest, Lhoste, Ama Dablam, Nuptse, Chamlang, and other peaks of the Khumbu as well in Tibet. We enter Tibet via Zhangmu and then drive to Nyalam and Old Tingri, from where we will trek to the Tibetan Base Camp and establish our camps for the climb.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport transfers by private vehicle.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast.
- Guided Tour of Kathmandu City with expert tour guide and private vehicle
- Government license holder experienced, trekking and camping guide (trained in Wilderness First Aid& altitude sickness), porters (1 porter for between 2 trekkers basis), cook, helpers with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance, clothing, and medicine.
- Local transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek by Tourist bus/Private Car/Van and Flights depends on Clients requirement and budget.
- Tea house/Lodges Accommodation during the trekking
- Daily Meals for trekking and camping (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
- All camping gears (waterproof dining tents, kitchen gears, dining table, chairs, toilet tents, shower tent, etc) with High-quality tents.
- High altitude climbing food, fuel, Gas, etc.
- Permits for Expedition
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Wongchhu Peak Promotion duffel bag
- China Visa Fee
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Welcome/Farewell Nepali Dinner in Kathmandu
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Personal trekking and climbing gear
- Meals in Kathmandu (except breakfast and farewell dinner)
- Alcohol and Beverages during the trek and climbing season
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, shower, etc.)
- Emergency Medical Evacuation & any medical costs.
Boots, Crampons, Gaiters
- Light Hiking Boots
- 8000m Climbing Boots
- Ice Axe
- Seat Harness
- Locking Carabineers
- 2 folding – ski pole
- Polypro or Capaline long underwear (4sets)
- Pile jacket and pants (pants must have full separating side zips)
- Gore Tex shells (top and bottoms must have full separating side zips)
- Down jacket (medium & heavy weight)
Mitts & Gloves
- Light synthetic gloves (Capaline or polypropylene)
- Wool (or pile) mitts & Gore-Tex overmitts
- Wool or pile socks
- Head lamp (spare bulbs & batteries)
- Glacier sun glasses
- Wool or pile hat
- Sleeping bag (expedition quality) rated -15 &40 f
- Sleeping pads
- Pee bottle
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen (maximum block)
- Lip sunscreen
- Large duffel bag (provided by Wongchhu Peak)
- Toiletry bag
- Travel Clothes
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Small day pack for trekking days