Everest Base Camp (EBC) Trek is an adventure of a lifetime; it’s more than just a trek, it is the journey above the clouds. The EBC lies in the core of Khumbu Valley. Khumbu Valley itself is the great tourist destination for the tourist around the globe. EBC is the stunning terminus for those who wish to see spectacular view of entire Mount Everest just so near to them. Mount Everest, the highest peak in the world with an elevation of 8,848m. Mount Everest was named after Sir George Everest, and it is also called as Sagarmatha popularly in Nepal.
Trail begins from Lukla (2,828m), lukla is busy town located in khumbu region. Khumbu region is homeland of mighty Sherpa and mysterious Yeti. Peaks like AmaDablam (6,812), Lhotse (8516), Makalu (8,463), Pomari (7,161),Nuptse (7,855) and other high peaks are standing tall to welcome you to this region. Couple of weeks of your lifetime would be the best time to discover mammoth landscapes, Sherpa - Tibetan cultures and obviously high altitude. This is by far the best places of world for those who adore nature and breathtaking gifts from the nature.
The EBC trek follows the trail along with DudhKoshi River elevating along with the forest of Rhododendron. On the way it is highly likely that you can see several endangered species like Blue Sheep and Musk Deer. This region is home to snow leopard, most of the time they are not in your close proximity. Different species of birds like Himalayan Pheasant, Danphe and Munal will be seen during this journey. Continuing the journey, we will reach to Namche Bazaar.
Namche Bazaar (3500m) is the stop point for trips to Everest and other peaks in this zone. This town is popular with trekkers especially for altitude acclimatization. This small town is above the altitude sickness threshold therefore most trekkers prefer to spend at least two nights to acclimatize.
The route continues from Namche Bazaar via Imja Khola River to the valley below Everest. Following the traditional route via Lobuche and GorakShep the trail takes to the destination; The Everest Base Camp.
After reaching the EBC, we then climb Kalapatthar, to explore the panoramic views of Mt. Everest and Other Himalayas. It’s the best feeling to feel Mount Everest right in front of your eyes, the sensation are simply magnificent.
- Airport – Hotel transfers in KTM,
- Hotel in KTM for 2nights pre and two nights post trek, including breakfast on double occupancy,
- City tour of Boudhanath,Pashupatinath and Swyambhunath before trip,
- Transportation, tour guide and entrance tickets during city tour,
- Flight from KTM –LUKLA -KTM,
- Everest National park entrance fees,
- Teahouse trekking accommodations,
- Boiled water, tea, Fruits, coffee, including all food– water bottles throughout,
- Guides & porters during trek,
- Duffel bag with both Wongchhu Peak Promotion and trekking map,
- Daily dispatches on wppnepal.com,
- Salary & insurance for all Nepali staff,
- Tips for driver, bell boy, airport helper, tour guide,
- Welcome & Farewell Dinners with Alcohol.
- Meals in Kathmandu (except welcome and farewell dinner),
- Extra night accommodations in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary,
- If required to change from airplane to helicopter flight to/from Lukla (i.e. weather) , additional costs will be shared by clients,
- Beverages and alcoholic drinks on trek - Personal trekking equipment,
- All personal expenses, including Nepal Visa (for country entrance),
- Personal medical and evacuation insurance,
- All other additional charges for additional services, including recommended TIP,
Additional tips for tour guide, others as one sees fit,
- Personal purchases
Waterproof Hiking shoes
Changing shoes / sandal
T – shirts
Warm fleece Jacket
Waterproof pant and jacket
Good gloves for trek and climb
Personal back pack
Sun block cream
Head lamp / torch
Water bottle -1 liter bottle
Tooth brush and tooth paste
Extra batteries for head lamp/ torch and camera
Extra film rolls/ memory cards (if digital camera )
Battery charger ( if digital camera)
Personal first aid kits