Lhakpa Ri is a superb objective which should appeal to climbers looking for a 7,000m summit in a famous location. The visit to Lhasa, the overland journey across the Tibetan Plateau, the trek in the footsteps of Mallory and a climb with awesome views of Everest, are the ingredients of a very special expedition. It will also give a life-long impression of Tibet and its people and an insight and deep respect for the achievements of the early Everest pioneers.
Relatively rapid accessibility, easier boarding to the Base Camp, favourable directions and lower gradient give Lhakpa Ri an advantage over other 7000m! Besides summiting Lhakpa Ri, you will also enjoy the magnificent company of Everest, Lhotse, Makalu and others. The mountain is also featured in Lucy Walker's famous experimental documentary, 'Blind sight: Himalayas - The Summit of Happiness'. This documentary features the fascinating adventure of six blind Tibetan teenagers who embark on an adventure to climb Lhakpa Ri under the guidance of blind educator and adventurer Sabriye Tenberken, and the famous blind climber Erik Weihenmayer.
The climb begins from Everest North base camp (5200m/17,000ft), then a trek up the historic East Rongbuk Glacier following along the 'Magic Highway' to middle camp (5800m/19,028ft) this camp is also referred to as (deposit camp/interim camp/Japanese camp) The climb continues ontoadvancedbase camp (6350m/20,833ft) below the North Col, then continue onto the north col aka camp I (7000m/23,000ft) from here the climb splits off to the right and ascends a snowfield to the summit of Lhakpa Ri (7045m/23,113ft).
- Airport / Hotel / Airport transfers by private vehicle
- Ground Transportation
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu & Tibet including breakfast.
- Guided Tour of Kathmandu City with expert tour guide and private vehicle
- Government license holder experienced, climbing & trekking guide (trained in
- Wilderness First Aid & altitude sickness), porters (1 porter for between 2 trekkers basis), cook, helpers with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance, clothing, and medicine.
- Local transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek by Tourist bus/Private Car/Van and Flights depends on Clients requirement and budget.
- Tea house/Lodges Accommodation during the trekking
- Daily Meals for trekking and camping (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
- All camping gears (waterproof dining tents, kitchen gears, dining table, chairs, toilet tents, shower tent, etc) with High-quality tents.
- High altitude climbing food, fuel, Gas, etc.
- Permits for Expedition
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Above the Wongchhu Peak Promotion duffel bag.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Welcome/Farewell Nepali Dinner in Kathmandu
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Personal trekking and climbing gear
- Visa Fee
- Meals in Kathmandu (except breakfast and farewell dinner)
- Alcohol and Beverages during the trek and climbing season
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, shower, etc.)
- Emergency Medical Evacuation & any medical costs.
Boots, Crampons, Gaiters
- Light Hiking Boots
- 8000m Climbing Boots
- Ice Axe
- Seat Harness
- Locking Carabineers
- 2 folding – ski pole
- Polypro or Capaline long underwear (4sets)
- Pile jacket and pants (pants must have full separating side zips)
- Gore Tex shells (top and bottoms must have full separating side zips)
- Down jacket (medium & heavy weight)
Mitts & Gloves
- Light synthetic gloves (Capaline or polypropylene)
- Wool (or pile) mitts & Gore-Tex overmitts
- Wool or pile socks
- Head lamp (spare bulbs & batteries)
- Glacier sun glasses
- Wool or pile hat
- Sleeping bag (expedition quality) rated -15 &40 f
- Sleeping pads
- Pee bottle
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen (maximum block)
- Lip sunscreen
- Large duffel bag (provided by Wongchhu Peak)
- Toiletry bag
- Travel Clothes
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Small day pack for trekking days